Students and Instructors talk about the benefits of Tri-C's Private Security Academy
Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (OPOTC) Certified
|This program is designed for individuals who have made the career decision to be private security officers in the State of Ohio. In addition to the state mandated PSA curriculum, students participate in specialized training which enhances their background, providing greater career opportunities. Students who successfully complete their Private Security Academy training will have earned 12 credit hours.
Call or e-mail the Private Security Academy office for specific details and to request academy start dates, tuition and fee information and complete application packets.
Students seeking enrollment in Cuyahoga Community College's PSA:
Must meet all entry requirements according to the due dates specified in the Corporate College East application packet and the Metro application packet including:
Must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the G.E.D program
Be at least 18 years old at the time of acceptance to the Academy.
Complete a National WebCheck for Law Enforcement (BCI&I/FBI)
*A domestic violence or any conviction of a lesser offense or plea where the original charge was domestic violence will prevent a student from taking firearms.
Students who are accepted for enrollment in Cuyahoga Community College's PSA:
- May apply for and use financial aid, if qualified
- Meet requirements for using Veteran's Administration and Ohio National Guard Scholarship Assistance Program funds
- Weekend Academy (14 Weeks) students are in class every Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Evening Academy (14 Weeks) students are in class Monday thru Thursday from 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Day Academy (8 Weeks) students are in class Monday thru Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Students will be registered as full-time students, carrying 12 credit hours.
Tri-C offers an . For more information on the Associate degree contact the Enrollment Office at 800-954-8742.
Web Resources | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us