This 24-week intensive cohort program provides students with the skills necessary
for a career in Web application development in Microsoft Visual C# utilizing the .NET framework.
Who Should Attend?
Experienced, structured programmers (COBOL, Pascal, & AS400) looking to transition their skills into .NET.
You Will Learn To:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Query and manipulate data with Entity Framework.
- Extend ASP.NET Web API services using message handlers, model binders, action filters, and media type formatters.
- Apply design principles to service contracts and extend WCF services using custom runtime components and behaviors.
- Secure WCF services using transport and message security.
- Demonstrate Agile software development methodology.
- Effectively demonstrate EDI mapping.
- Effectively communicate in a business environment.
3+ years’ experience coding using a structured programming language (COBOL, Pascal, & AS400).
Cuyahoga Community College in partnership IT Employer Board developed this intensive, hands-on, mentored approach to software development training. Each selected candidate will be required to participate in the 12 weeks of hybrid instruction including 112 hours of hands-on mentored, projects. Candidates must complete a 12 week paid internship.
Information on IT Futureworks .NET Developer Cohort Program. To apply for the .NET Developer Program, please complete this application.
Potential Employer Partners:
Get information about opportunities that are available to you!