I.T. Service and Support Technician
About the National STEM Grant Program
The National STEM Consortium (NSC), an alliance of 10 community colleges in nine states, has designed a portfolio of innovative programs to respond to regional industry needs and (re)train workers for high-demand, mid-skill technical careers in Composite Materials, Cyber Technology, Electric Vehicle Technology, Environmental Technology, and Mechatronics. Cuyahoga Community College is offering training in the Composite Materials, Cyber Technology and Mechatronics.
About the Cyber Technology Program
Train for a new career in IT technical support in approximately six months and be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and educate customers on their computer hardware and software inquiries.
- Program consists of 26 credit hours delivered over 33 weeks
- Classes run Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-4pm
- Personalized tutoring in math, communication and professionalism
- Earn 26 credit hours toward an associate degree in electrical/electronic engineering technology with a concentration in computer networking hardware
- Classes starting in Summer 2014 and Fall 2014
Program Cost (Includes tuition, lab fees, books and certification test vouchers)
- Value of the training is $5,255.00 - In-County
- Value of the training is $5,965.00 - Out-Of-County
- Participant contribution is up to $1000.00
- Workers who have lost their jobs due to adverse effects of foreign trade
- Unemployed and under-employed workers
- Priority of enrollment will be given to veterans
- Able to participate in an accelerated 33 week training program
- Successfully pass a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) & Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
This workforce solution is funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties or assurance s of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to , accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness , adequacy, continued availability or ownership.