Cuyahoga Community College, in partnership with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
, is offering Greater Cleveland small business owners access to a practical business and management education. Through the support of Goldman Sachs and the Goldman Sachs Foundation, each business owner that is selected to participate in the program at Cuyahoga Community College will receive a scholarship to cover program tuition and materials.
In order to receive maximum benefit from the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
education curriculum, you are required to:
• Attend a mandatory program orientation
• Attend 11 pre-scheduled learning sessions
• Commit an additional 6–8 hours per week of out-of-class activities to work on your business. This includes completing assignments, attending networking events and business support clinics
• Develop a tailored plan for growth prior to graduation
How You Could Benefit From This Program
Participants in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
program at the Cuyahoga Community College will benefit from a highly practical, business entrepreneurship education that was created with Babson College, a 10,000 Small Businesses
partner recognized internationally for its leadership in entrepreneurial business education.
Practical Business Education:
You will receive a practical business and management education delivered through a partnership between Cuyahoga Community College and leading business schools. While enrolled in the program you will develop a customized growth plan for your business.
Access to Capital:
You will be given the opportunity and tools to position your businesses to access loans.
Business Support Services:
You will receive one-on-one business advising from dedicated professionals to help develop a strategic and tailored plan for growth. Additional support services are offered to participants through partnerships with national and local business organizations, professional services firms and the people of Goldman Sachs.
The curriculum focuses on developing skills that you can apply immediately to address the issues most critical to growing your businesses, including:
• Identifying and evaluating business opportunities
• Understanding and managing the competitive business environment
• Analyzing financial statements and using them to make management decisions
• Accessing financial capital
• Leading a growing business
Peer learning is critical to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
classroom experience and, as a result, coursework is highly collaborative and draws upon the real-world experiences of participating small business owners.
In addition to the classroom experience, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
• Provide one-on-one advisory services to help you develop and implement your tailored plan for growth
• Help you create growth by preparing your business to apply for financing
• Provide networks and mentors to help you focus on your most critical business issues and increase business capacity
View a detailed description of the business and management education program
Locations and Schedule
Classes for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
at Cuyahoga Community College are held at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights. Cohorts for 2013 will begin in February, June, and September.
The program consists of 100 hours of instruction in addition to evening sessions such as networking events, legal and financial clinics, and other business assistance activities.
View a full list of key dates