What is TRiO Student Support Services (SSS)?
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federal program which helps students graduate with an associate degree or transfer to a 4-year school for a bachelor's degree.
The program is open to students who are either low-income or whose parents did not graduate with a bachelor's degree. Students must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or refugees.
The program provides a comprehensive range of academic and other support services to eligible participants to enhance their academic skills in order to increase their rate of retention, graduation, and/or transfer to a 4-year institution.
The program fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of low-income and first-generation college students. All program services are provided at no cost to participants.
Students enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Tri-C's Metro or Western Campus.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- First-generation college students
- Demonstrated academic need for support services
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents or refugees
- Eligible for English 0990 and Math 0950
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Below 40 earned credit hours
- Full time enrollment (12 or more credits)
- Academic, personal, career and financial aid advising
- Tutoring in math, English, science and computer literacy
- Assistance in transferring to four-year institutions
- Cultural events
- Assistance in identifying and applying for scholarships
- Math 0950 Prep
- Study skills workshops
- Supplemental instruction in high risk courses
- Summer non-credit enrichment classes
- Summer prep for Bio 1100 & Chem 1010
- SSS Trio Grant Aid for active SSS students who are Pell eligible with documented unmet financial need
- Workshops and assistance for pre-nursing & nursing students
U.S. Department of Education TRIO Programs
Cuyahoga Community College