Skip Navigation LinksHome > Programs > Health Careers > Human Services > Frequently Asked Questions
Human Services
College Credit
& Degrees
Frequently Asked Questions 

How do I apply to the program?

Contact the Human Services program coordinator, Molly Drenen, at Office 216-987-4454 for program information. Make an appointment with a Tri-C academic counselor to plan your program. Also you can get information from the Health Careers Enrollment Center at 216-987-4247.

When is the program offered?
The Human Service program is offered both as daytime and evening programs. Students are admitted to the daytime program every semester, and to the evening program every 2 years (although both day and evening classes are available every semester).

Is financial assistance available?
Financial assistance is available in the form of scholarships, grants or loans. All forms for financial aid should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to registration. Application forms are available in the Financial Assistance office at each campus.

In addition, Human Services program students may be eligible for program specific, general and non-program specific scholarships, as well as the Patrick A. Sweeney Education Scholarship. For scholarship information, visit the Financial Aid website. Contact the Tri-C Foundation at 216-987-4868 for information on Tri-C scholarships.

When should I take my General Education coursework? 
Glad you asked! If you want to receive financial aid, it’s important that you don’t take general education courses ahead of time. If you do, you may not have enough credits to qualify as a full-time student for financial aid purposes.  We recommend that you take your General Education courses together with your Human Services coursework. Recommended sequence of courses

Can I double-major? 
Yes.  By taking an extra 3 courses, you can double-major in generalist and chemical dependency. 

What are the practicum opportunities? 
Field practicums can take place either in an agency or an outreach setting. Outreach work usually involves home visits with clients; agencywork often involves seeing clients in an office setting.   

Can I transfer to or from another college? 
Yes. In general, college credits from accredited institutions are transferable. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 800-954-8742.

You can transfer your credits from the Tri-C Human Services Program to bachelor’s degree programs at institutions such as Ursuline College and the University of Cincinnati Addiction Studies’ Distance Learning Program. For more information, talk to a Tri-C academic counselor.

How to reach us

Molly Drenen
Metropolitan Campus

Health Careers Enrollment Ctr.
Cuyahoga Community College
Metropolitan Campus
2900 Community College Ave.
Cleveland OH 44115-3196
Contact Us Tri-C
Workforce Solutions
Corporate College

Phone Directory
Send Us an Email
Did You Know? Tri-C has programs and
certificates for every interest.

Tri-C offers high quality
instruction at a low cost.

Tri-C offers courses in
over 15 locations.

Cuyahoga Community College was named 1 of 21 Achieving the Dream Leader Colleges in 2010.
Campuses & Locations
Select a Campus
Request more information

Download our brochure
Connect With Us My Tri-C Space

© 2012 Cuyahoga Community College
700 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115