- The Ironworker erects, assembles, and installs fabricated structural metal products, usually large metal beams, in the erection of industrial, commercial, or large residential buildings.
- Structural Ironworkers erect the steel framework of bridges and buildings.
- Reinforcing Rod Ironworkers set steel bars or mesh in concrete forms to strengthen concrete in buildings and bridges.
- Ornamental Ironworkers install metal stairways, catwalks, gratings, grills, screens, fences, and decorative ironwork.
- The Rigger is an ironworker whose job is to move heavy machinery, using rollers, forklifts, and other sources of power.
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following program outcomes: Applied Industrial Technology (Ironworking) Degree Outcomes