“Welcome to Cuyahoga Community College! We are delighted that you have chosen to pursue your academic career with us. One of the required steps in the enrollment process is New Student Orientation (NSO). We hope you’ll join us for an In-person NSO on the campus of your choice.
New Student Orientation includes:
- An individual counseling session including: career and academic planning and goal setting, placement testing information, and assistance with selecting your courses.
- Course scheduling and registration.
- Financial planning and responsibility.
- A tutorial on navigating through the student portal, My Tri-C Space.
- A campus tour so you can easily locate campus resources including: tutoring services, Key Career Place, Financial Aid, Campus Police, ACCESS services, mentoring, library, and the Enrollment Center.
- Learning about the "Smart Start" First Year Experience Program.
- Interacting and meeting other students, Tri-C faculty, staff, and student ambassadors.
- Discovering ways to get involved in student life, including athletics and student organizations.
- Learning faculty expectations of students.
Benefits of participating in the In-Person New Student Orientation
- It’s interactive; you’ll meet students, faculty, and staff.
- Increased retention rates of students are seen in students who complete in-person NSO.
- In person, you’ll have a chance to meet one-on-one with a Tri-C Counselor during your NSO.
- You’ll have direct assistance in completing your class schedule and registration.
- You’ll take a tour of campus, led by a Student Ambassador.
All of the above are accomplished during the half-day, in-person NSO. Please call 1-800-954-8742, select option 4 and follow the instructions to schedule an NSO at the campus of your choice. We look forward to meeting you! “
You are encouraged to attend the on-campus New Student Orientation after you have completed the English and Math placement tests, or have placement in English and Math assigned by your ACT scores.
Online New Student Orientation
If you are not able to come for the on-campus New Student Orientation, you should complete the Online New Student Orientation, which is available to anyone from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
The benefits of participating in the Online New Student Orientation are:
- It’s interactive; you’ll meet students, faculty, and staff
- Provides you with access to eAdvising, where you can ask academic advising questions of a counselor online
- Contains interactive Financial Aid information
- An interactive tutorial on navigating through the student portal, My Tri-C Space.
Demonstrates how to use My Tri-C Space, how to Search, Register and Pay for classes, and How to purchase books online
- College resources that allow you to get the assistance they need to be successful
Begin the New Student Online Orientation