Serving U.S. Military Veterans Since 1973
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) provides FREE comprehensive support services to eligible U.S. veterans interested in pursuing their first college degree at any college in Ohio. Support services are designed to help veterans’ complete preparatory coursework, increase their access to college, develop academic skills, and remain enrolled in and graduate from a program of postsecondary education.
Must meet ONE of THREE Eligibility Requirements
- Low income and/or potential first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree), or
- Documented disability or mental impairment, or
- Been out of high school or dropped out of college for five or more years.
Eligibility Requirements for all Participants
- All partcipants must be a U.S. military veteran or reservists who served at least 180 days active duty other than for training in the U.S. armed forces (waiver available for recently discharged combat veterans).
- All participants must have a military discharge other than dishonorable (DD214 required).
Click here to order copy of your DD214
- Other eligibility requirements as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
VUB Support Services
- Academic Advising
- Career Assessment & Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Support Groups
- Financial Aid Advising
- GI Bill and VA Benefits Information & Referrals
- Educational Testing and Assessment
- College Admission Assistance
- Individualized Tutoring in Math, Science & English
- Scholarship Opportunities
- College & University Transfer Assistance
- Peer Mentoring
- Personal Enrichment Workshops & Motivational Speakers
- Veterans Today Club
- Academic Enrichment Sessions
- Individual Study Plans
Classes offered day & evening
Several staff members are U.S. veterans
Bus passes and book loan program available
Offices at Metro and Eastern Campuses