The Women in Transition Program at Cuyahoga Community College is in its 34th year of providing information,, support and referrals to women who are in a transitional time in their lives.
We believe that it is through higher education and/or re-training, that possibilities are endless. Our non-credit eight-week session is designed to take the particiapant through a period of transformation and empower them to move life-forward through education and training. Our curriculum is based on Personal Development, Career Exploration, Computer Class, and Workshops. This helps women develop confidence, build self-esteem, identify marketable skills, explore interests, research options for careers and job training, and examine Tri-C educational and workforce options. The program runs all year long on 3 Tri-C Campuses.
It is the vision of the Women in Transition Program to be the premier college and community program focused on the growth and development of women throughout Northest Ohio.
- Women in any stage of transition in their lives i.e. returning to work force, unemployed, divorced, widowed, seeking career change or just feeling “stuck”.
- Individual intake appointment completed and eligibility determined prior to start of class
- Registration is required for enrollment
FREE 8-week non-credit course in:
- Personal Development: Designed to help examine individual resources, values, and goals to help build a better future. Concentration is placed on becoming more self-directed, self-motivated, self-confident, and to broaden your communication skills.
- Career Exploration: Explore your interests, skills, and attitudes. What career would match your personality? What are the "hot careers" and what can I expect to earn? What classes or degree do I need to have to become marketable in the work field? Includes various academic planning activities
- Workshop Topics: Learn to build on your self-esteem and assertiveness. You will explore health issues, safety concerns, job readiness, time management, and tools to deal with life's changes.
- Computer Introduction: Entry-level computer training class where you will learn proper website search, the etiquette of email, and exploration of the Tri-C information systems. Tap into resume' sequences and much more.
Other Services Available with the Women in Transition Program:
- Help with assessing financial aid resources
- GED information
- Workshops to define and strengthen your life management skills
- Information, resources and referrals to appropriate Cuyahga Community College programs / services as well as other appropriate external resources and agencies
- Pre-employment skills including resume writing, cover letters, interviewing and presentation skills
- Help on improving your nutritional well being
- Improve your status with financial literacy
- A network of academic contacts and new friends
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Carl D. Perkins Department of Education
- United Black Fund
- TJX Foundation
- BJ's Charitable Foundation
- The Foundation of Community Betterment
- The Weal Foundation
- Westfield Insurance
- Zonta Club of Cleveland