To support the mission of Cuyahoga Community College by providing innovative, practical and high quality legal advice and counseling to the College community.
Our services to the College community include providing advice and counsel on matters having legal significance for the College including the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and contract renewals.
- Reviewing, revising, drafting and enforcing College-wide policies and procedures.
- Managing and/or representing the interests of the College in litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Responding to Public Records Requests, subpoenas and non-standard requests for student records.**
- Overseeing the College’s Records Retention Policies and Procedures, as well as the College's Records Retention Schedules.
- Providing advice, guidance and oversight on: construction and facilities matters; personnel and labor relations issues; academic and student issues; audits, investigations and other forms of compliance review; copyright, trademark and patent issues; ethics questions or concerns; and enterprise risk management and insurance.
- Educating, training and providing related resources to the College community on relevant legal issues and topics.
**All such requests should be immediately forwarded to the Office of General Counsel and Legal Services for handling. Records Requests may be submitted via email, letter or telephone (216-987-4860).
The Office of General Counsel and Legal Services does not provide legal advice or representation to individual members of the College on any personal legal matters or any matters which might be in conflict with the College's interests. Nor does the Office provide legal advice or legal representation to students.