ZRTR-1007: CDL-A Refresher Course
Description:This fast-track training program provides current CDL-A license holders the opportunity to retrain and refresh their skills to compete in a CDL job market.
Prerequisites:Please call Truck Driving Academy to register
Valid Ohio CDL-A License
DOT Physical and Drug Testing
Traditional Student Financial Aid does not apply
40 hours of classroom and skills instruction, including 5 hours of in-class training and 35 hours of hands on training and observation time including:
- Driving Laws
- Hours of Service
- Defensive Driving for Commercial Drivers
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Straight Line Backing
- Offset Backing, Right and Left
- Full Tractor Trailer Parallel Parking
- Sight Side Alley Dock Backing
- Shifting Practice
- Turning practice, Right and Left
- Intersections and stopping position
- Entrance and Exit Ramps
- Interstate Highways
- Lane Control
- Road Hazards
- Railroad Crossings
Learning Outcomes:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Retrain and refresh their CDL skills.
- Update their knowledge of the new rules and regulations of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration.
Comments:For more information and registration, please call 216.987.3226.