Experiential learning engages students in critical thinking, problem solving and decision making in an on-the-job assignment which is relevant to the student’s field of study. It is consistent with the college’s Mission Statement, “To provide high quality and affordable educational opportunities and services ….that promote individual development and improve the overall quality of life…”
Cooperative Education (Co-op)
A co-op opportunity gives students an edge by providing them with hands-on learning experience through job assignments related to their field. Not only is a job assignment vital to a student’s marketability, but it allows you to use what is learned in the classroom. Real world experience provides insight to career paths and job opportunities. In addition to being compensated, as in a regular work assignment, the student can earn one college credit for each 180 hours worked, up to three credits per semester.
- Currently enrolled at Cuyahoga Community College
- Completed 12 credit hours of college coursework (includes transfer credits) with at least two courses related to your major field
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Complete the "Co-op Student Application of Interest" form and submit to the Career Center (a career services representative will contact you.)
- Participate in the co-op orientation process through the Career Center
- Upload your resume for final revisions and approval by a Career Coach at College Central Network
- Complete and sign a "Cooperative Education Agreement" form
- An Internship is an experience referring to a partnership between students, institutions of higher education and employers that integrates academic study with work experience. Internships are of a specific and definite duration that also provides a student the opportunity to explore areas of interest. Internships are currently non-credit courses.
- To inquire regarding paid or unpaid internship opportunities, please contact the Career Center, your academic department, or visit the job board at College Central Network.
- A listing of web resources for internship opportunities is below: